Re: glibc 2, Linux 2.x and the world of many patches!

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 11:21:30 -0400

Dan Hollis writes:
>Considering the AXP and Sparc Redhat distributions _only_ use glibc, all
>the packages on those distributions have been converted.

Well, SPARC is currently libc5, but yes, we've had basically all our
packages ported to glibc for over a year.

I know this isn't related to kernel development, so I'll keep it short,
but if anyone is looking for glibc patches, you can check our sources.
The patches for glibc (where needed) are generally called something
like <foo>-glibc.patch, so you shouldn't need to look very hard to find
them.

Someone else complained about them being coded in our spec files as
alpha-specific -- don't worry, that's being changed.

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz