Re: Patch to Find the Address of a segv

Mark Hemment (markhe@nextd.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 18:20:44 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, William R. Dieter wrote:
> The interface is modeled after how Solaris 2 works. I suspect it is
> probably POSIX, but I am having trouble finding POSIX documentation
> locally. I think the si_addr field in the siginfo structure should be
> part of a union, but I'm not exactly sure what else needs to be there.

The "Single UNIX Specification", from the Open Group (formely X/Open),
has been online, to the general public, for sometime.
I've attached part of the announcement below.
The extention to sigaction(2), to support SA_SIGINFO (and hence siginfo(5)
and ucontext(5), are part of the spec (or at least I remember them to be).

(Note: Most of siginfo is a union - email be if you can find the info
on-line).

Regards,

markhe

Mark Hemment, Unix/C Software Engineer (Contractor)
markhe@nextd.demon.co.uk http://www.nextd.demon.co.uk/
"Success has many fathers, failure is a B**TARD!" - anon

The Open Group is pleased to announce availability of
Version 2 of the Single UNIX Specification on the World Wide Web.

This is part of the new policy for making available Open Group
publications on the web, starting with the most recent titles
since January 1997. The specification has been converted
into HTML 3.2 using tables and other facilities which can be accessed through
the most popular web browsers.

Further information on accessing the online Single UNIX Specification
can be found at the Open Group's official UNIX system web site
at the URL http://www.opengroup.org/unix/online.html .

Further information on the Open Group's publications
can be found at the URL: http://www.opengroup.org/pubs/