Re: stress testing and loadavg

Dominik Kubla (dominik.kubla@uni-mainz.de)
Sun, 03 Aug 1997 20:05:55 +0200

[...]
> The problem is that our scheduler is linear, ie. nr_running ==
> complexity of the task selection, every single task switch. 8-(

Well i just tested 2.0.30 with the QNX-style scheduler (1.05) and
found it to handle 50 looping bash-scripts, 1 gnuchess and a simple
X-Session (Server, xterm, fvwm2) and still reacting instantaneous to
input on another virtual terminal. The load was >56. Not bad for a
Pentium-100... I am now giving it a try on my old 4 MB 386 and my
233MHz Multia, to see how much load they can handle... This time i will
use the program you posted.

The adaptive scheduling of the new scheduler is really a neat feature.

Dominik

--
The text above represents my personal opinion and does not represent the
official position of my employer on the issue(s) discussed.  Any official