Re: which ISDN devices work with Linux?

Kurt Huwig (kurt@huwig.de)
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 17:34:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997 logic@virtual.concept2000.net.au wrote:
> I'm wandering If anyone can tell me for sure which ISDN Internal
> cards work with Linux, I'm not too worried about price, but maybe a list
> of them would be great?

http://www.muc.de/~hm/linux/linux-isdn.html

is a good place to start. There is a FAQ that suggests several cards.
AFAIR, you shouldn't use the AVM (Fritz) cards, because the developers
don't disclose the specs and so the timer couldn't be disabled, causing a
lot of interrupts.

I personally use Teles 16.3, cheap, working fine and I don't have to use
the toll intensive software update hotline like WinDOS users ;-)

(Did you know that noone is allowed to put the drivers on his
FTP/WWW-Server? They want their customers to use their 0190-hotline, where
they earn from the telephone tolls!)

Kurt

If you put a PC-formatted disk into a Macintosh, you can read it.
If you put a Mac-formatted disk into a Win95-PC, it asks you
whether it should format it.