Re: 30pre3: aha7xxx options are uncommented

Joe Hohertz (jhohertz@envisage.golden.net)
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 18:20:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Larry M. Augustin wrote:

My experience with this patch (the one from varesearch, not the
pre-2.0.31-torvalds-edition) was that is could still use a little testing
still. I tried it on our news server, and it worked fine for about 5
hours, then crashed hard, spitting out a message about a detected
re-entrancy for a non-re-entrant call in some part of the scsi code. So I
backed it out. (I wish I could tell you the exact message, but I did this
over a month ago.)

However, the problem may have manifested itself because we are also using
the updated MD (with raid 4/5 suport) to do a level 0 striping of 2 4GB
drives into a single 8GB volume for our news spool.

Backed the patch out, and not had a problem since. (Darn shame too, that
driver seemed much more sophisticated than the one in stock 2.0.30.)

Just my 1/50th of a dollar.

Joe