Re: A personal Linux 2.1.x feature wish list

Paul H. Hargrove (hargrove@sccm.Stanford.EDU)
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 17:32:40 -0700 (PDT)

Arthur Jerijian writes:
[snip]
> * The HFS filesystem for reading Macintosh disks really needs to
> go into the kernel for further testing. It already has support
> for both reads and writes (it's in BETA!), and it works
> beautifully on the Mac disks that I've tried. You can find HFS
> at http://www-sccm.stanford.edu/~hargrove/HFS/.
[snip]

I'm glad you like the HFS filesystem. However, it only works for
kernels through 2.1.42. To work on newer kernels it is going to need
a rewrite once the new dcache stuff is stable. Unfortunately I don't
know when I'll get a chance to work on it.

--
Paul H. Hargrove                   All material not otherwise attributed
hargrove@sccm.stanford.edu         is the opinion of the author or a typo.