Re: bind sucks?

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 11:57:03 -0400

Philip Gladstone writes:
>This is the well known problem in 2.0.30 that was fixed by DaveM's
>patch in pre-2 (and maybe pre-1).

Um, I don't think so. It was not fixed in pre-2, nor was it fixed
in Linus's pre-3. We tried both on many large mirror runs, and both
of those kernels exhibit the same problem. In particular, we just
tested it on pre-2 a minute ago to verify, and we tested it last
week with pre-3.

But I agree with you that it is a well-known problem...

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz