Re: bind sucks?

David S. Miller (davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu)
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 12:47:58 -0400

From: "Michael K. Johnson" <johnsonm@redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 12:43:13 -0400

That's why I reported this problem earlier in
<199708061543.LAA07783@tristan.redhat.com> of Wed, 06 Aug 1997 11:43:25 -0400
sent to Alan Cox, copies to linux-kernel:
>I don't know whether this is the same as the mirror problem that has been
>reported, but I can definitively report that the mirror problem is still
>there with Linus's pre-2.0.31-3.

Was that insufficient reporting? If so, please tell me how, and I'll
try to rectify it in the future.

No, I'm talking about way back when I was still doing the pretest
patch sets, not Linus's new patch sets.

In any event, I've put the humungo patch I sent to Linus, which he
didn't like, at:

linux.kernel.org:/pub/linux/kernel/davem/pre2.0.31_DAVEM_FINAL.gz

In particular this is so that all of the networking bug fixes can be
looked at by others to pick apart, and feed back to Linus in small
pieces. In particular, IP transparent proxy port redirection should
be fixed in there, amongst other things of course.

Later,
David "Sparc" Miller
davem@caip.rutgers.edu