Re: bind sucks?

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 14:10:55 -0400

"David S. Miller" writes:
>In any event, I've put the humungo patch I sent to Linus, which he
>didn't like, at:
>
>linux.kernel.org:/pub/linux/kernel/davem/pre2.0.31_DAVEM_FINAL.gz

Thanks.

Indeed, comparing them, I see that the tcp_good_socknum() changes
did not make it into Linus's tree. Nor did a few other changes
in tcp.c. I'm not qualified to evaluate them... (I'm ignoring
the SO_BINDTODEVICE on the assumption that Linus didn't want to
add a new feature.)

Other missing changes that I noticed that will effect our support
department here at Red Hat are:
o Changes to pci.h and pci.c that include new 53c8xx controllers
and ET6000
o The new 53c8xx driver from Gerard; we have quite a few customers
who depend on the new 52c8xx driver.
o The new advansys driver

Also, the fs/dquot.c fix is missing, and some ncpfs fixes are missing.

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz