Re: [another patch] Re: 2.0.31-pre5: Couldn't get a free page.....

Samuli Kaski (samkaski@cs.Helsinki.FI)
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 14:30:55 +0300 (EET DST)

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

> > This one causes it even the first time. All the settings
> > I tested produced the debug message on the 2nd run. I didn't
> > bother to test it a 3rd time. I will now test it with 8 64 96
> > and your patch.
> >
> > Well, with 2.0.31-pre6+Benjamin's patch
>
> Could you apply the appended patch. It's from Krzysztof Strasburger.
> Does it help? If it helps this small patch should go into 2.0.31.

I assumed you wanted me to put Krzysztof's patch on top of the
one supplied by Benjamin? Well if that's the case, it didn't help :(

On the second bonnie run when X got jerky & the disk began to swap
heavily one of those messages popped up again.

Next, I will try the patch from Gadi. Let me know if you wanted me
to apply Krzysztof's patch on a clean pre6 kernel, in which case I
will test that too.

Btw, I stopped playing with the freepages settings (since they didn't
make the behaviour disappear), all my latest reports are using kernel
defaults.

--
Samuli Kaski, samkaski@cs.helsinki.fi
Department of Computer Science, University of Helsinki, Finland.