Re: Memory leak in 2.1.54

Wed, 10 Sep 97 00:07:45 +1100

> I think that my machine has encountered a memory leak in 2.1.54. It
>has 32meg of RAM, but in the output of ps and free I can't see half of
>that being used. My machine is also running slowly (which is what made me
>start investigating).

I'm starting to think that my problem as reported above wasn't really a
memory leak due to the fact that my machine is still running (and
performing better than it did when I sent that message). Someone mentioned
a problem with dentry caching which may have been what I observed (I was
using the machine soon after a `find /` was run from cron).

Russell Coker