Re: CONFIG_SMP patch available for 2.1.54

Werner Almesberger (almesber@lrc.di.epfl.ch)
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 10:39:11 +0200 (MET DST)

Janos Farkas wrote:
> On 1997-09-09 at 10:43:18, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > My initial thought was to separate each CONFIG_ option into a separate
> > file, and that source files should only include the files for the
> > options they depended on:
> >
> > #include <linux/config/config_arcnet.h>
> > #ifdef CONFIG_ARCNET
> > etc...
>
> As far as I remember, this is considered a good idea, but noone took
> the stomach to tweak every file just to see that Linus came out with a
> new patchlevel in the meantime.. :)

Well, I did something like this about one year ago, using two Perl scripts
to automate the procedure. I've attached my posting. The scripts may need
some updating, but the general concept should still be applicable.

- Werner