Re: CONFIG_SMP patch available for 2.1.54

Ron McCormick (ramccor@eagle.ais.net)
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 10:30:31 -0500 (CDT)

I would have to second that as well, (that it could be a driver issue) on
the same machine, if I boot the machine with one CPU in it with a SMP
kernel, the system dies a hideous death of multiple oops, followed by a
full system reset. (It was ugly.) After the reboot, back on a non-smp
kernel, the advansys controller that came with my HP4020i CR writer, was
braindead. I needed to boot DOS, resetup the card, then Linux would
recognize it again (Only on non-SMP kernel)

If I put the second CPU in the machine (As it currently is) everything
works great.

Current machine is Tomcat IV MB w/2 P5 200Mhz MMX. 112 MB memory.
AHA-2940, Advansys ???, and 10GB disk.

-Ron McCormick