Re: Memory leak in 2.1.54

James Mastros (root@jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org)
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 22:38:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, linux kernel account wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Chris Evans wrote:
> > Sorry for the "me too", but yes 2.1.54 leaks like a bucket.
>
> This has not been my expirence, the newer 2.1s seem to have memory happy
> dcache, but as there is a demand for memory the dcache will get pruned and
> your missing ram will return..
>
> Just my humble exp..

I had thought that to, but today I started a updateddb and got a scrolling
mass of "<filename>: out of memory" (or somesuch). I finally ended up
exiting netscape and running kill real fast, before the dcache sucked that
memory back up. (I have recently descovered that cat, ps and kill are all
dynamicly linked on my machice. I'll have to fix that eventually, but not
now.)

-=- James Mastros

---
  "Shooting as [a] communications method is obsolete even here in Bosnia, so
I'll skip over it."
	-=- Dragisha Durich