Re: linuxhq

david parsons (o.r.c@p.e.l.l.p.o.r.t.l.a.n.d.o.r.u.s)
13 Sep 1997 00:45:38 -0700

In article <linux.kernel.Pine.LNX.3.96.970910201644.30593A-100000@jaddams.csw.uic.edu>,
Arthur Jerijian <jerijian@jaddams.csw.uic.edu> wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Paul Slootman wrote:
>
>> >Does someone have an idea of what happend to
>> >
>> > www.linuxhq.com
>>
>> Yes, look at http://xp6.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?recnum=9868776&server=db97p4
>
>D*mn...does anybody remember http://linux.ncm.com? This was another great
>Linux web site that met its demise about a year and a half ago.
>
>Is there any chance that somebody can put up a permanent Linux v2.0/2.1
>information page? The Linux community could sure use another linuxhq.

Well, I've got a network connected with a 512k line to the outside
world that I'd be happy to allocate space for a Linuxhq type of
machine (and now that I'm no longer working for McAfee Associates,
I've got a large collection of test machines sitting around gathering
dust that would be happy to be beaten into plowshares.) Alas, I
don't have the time to run such a site, so someone else would have to
take primary responsibility for keeping it up to date (my personal
patches page is really about as detailed as I am capable of getting!)

If someone would be interested, let me know; I can scrounge up a few
gigabytes of disk for Linux archives and drop an orcware Linux system
onto a machine practically overnight.

____
david parsons \bi/ have bandwidth, will travel.
\/