Re: Linux 1.0.9 ...

Arthur Jerijian (jerijian@jaddams.csw.uic.edu)
Sat, 13 Sep 1997 17:02:44 -0500 (CDT)

I really don't think that the new development tools work on very old
kernels, like 1.0.9. For example, 1.0.9 doesn't even support a kernel
image compiled as a QMAGIC a.out binary! The new binutils can't handle
ZMAGIC.

If someone wants to patch Linux 1.0.9 to work with the latest and greatest
binutils, that would be great. Unfortunately, this might require A LOT of
changes to the kernel, especially to the way it's built.

--Arthur