Re: [2.1.54+] SoundBlaster 2.0 breaks

Hannu Savolainen (hannu@4front-tech.com)
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 07:49:13 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sat, 13 Sep 1997, Aaron Tiensivu wrote:

> Somewhere between the 2.0.30+ sound driver and 2.1.54 (I haven't had a chance
> to go thru the patches yet), support for my SoundBlaster 2.0 broke (not Pro or
> 16). For some reason, it looks like the sound driver thinks there is a mixer
> on-board, but there really isn't. (It's basically just like the original Sound
> Blaster but has slightly updated chips.. it was about $10 so I'm not
> complaining)
The driver doesn't think there is a mixer. "cat" command just gives an
error message after printing /dev/sndstat (I don't know why). Actually I
can't see any problem in the /dev/sndstat dump.

> The odd part is that the MPU-401 support is in there even tho I explictedly
> said "No" to anything related to it.
The SB support in the driver is for SB16/32/64 and includes built in
MPU401 "UART" support. It's not possible to configure the SB driver
without MPU401.

> Here is /dev/sndstat from 2.1.54 (we should prolly make a sym. link to
> /proc/sndstat someday):
It would be nice if procfs supports symbolic links.

Best regards,

Hannu
-----
Hannu Savolainen (hannu@4front-tech.com)