Re: dhcpd in 2.1.55?

Chris Wedgwood (chris@cyphercom.com)
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 12:10:08 -0400

From: "David S. Miller" <davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu>
To: lm@linux.cobaltmicro.com

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 14:06:35 -0700
From: Larry McVoy <lm@linux.cobaltmicro.com>

Has anyone had any success w/ this? I'm having trouble figuring
out what is broken and I thought I'd ask before diving into it.

dhcpd requires SO_BINDTODEVICE support in the stack, these changes are
in 2.0.pre31, but have not yet been merged forward into 2.1.x

Later,
David "Sparc" Miller
davem@caip.rutgers.edu

You don't need SO_BINDTODEVICE unless you want to use multiple interfaces. I
had it working 10 months back as have many other people by adding a host
route from 255.255.255.255 to the relevant interface. (e.g. "route -add host
255.255.255.255 dev eth0")

If anyone needs more details I have a post I did about this from about 9
months back I can dig up.

-Chris