Re: 2.0.31-pre9 again: Panic during backup

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 17:31:47 +0200 (MET DST)

Ulrich Windl wrote:

> Yesterday I had time to try the backup with the aic7xxx again. It
> crashed again! My disk is ID#0, TAPE is #1
[...]
> Kernel panic: aic7xxx: Waiting list inconsistency; SCB index = 255, numscbs = 9
> In swapper task - not syncing

Although owners of those devices won't be happy with this, would it
make sense to tag the aix7xxx driver (or the "performance optimization
features") as "experimental"?

Many of the reported crashes seem to concentrate on AIC7xxx based
systems....... Maybe that driver isn't ready for 2.0.31 yet....

Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** +31-15-2137555 ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ **
Florida -- A 39 year old construction worker woke up this morning when a