Re: FAT binaries and Linux

linux kernel account (linker@nightshade.z.ml.org)
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 18:21:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hmm.. Since most linux stuff runs with a recompile (as long as the code
isn't very dumb).. This would be very nice.. Even if we couldn't get
shared data to work, the frequent use of shared libs can keep the code
size down.. And ofcourse there would be a lard removing command, that
would de-fat elfs.. (Linux could call it swo (santa's work out)).. :)

Then you could clame that Linux can use the same bins accross all
platforms.. :)