Re: Memory

david parsons (o.r.c@p.e.l.l.p.o.r.t.l.a.n.d.o.r.u.s)
18 Sep 1997 19:28:52 -0700

In article <linux.kernel.Pine.LNX.3.96.970916082230.3163A-100000@emd.emdnet.com>,
DiGGitY dANk <dan@emd.emdnet.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
> I am running Slakware 3.3 with 2.0.30 kernel on a Pentium II 233
>mhz with 128mb RAM. The problem is that the system is only seeing 64mb RAM
>but the bios will see 128. Is there any patches out there to fix the
>problem?

http://www.pell.chi.il.us/~orc/memory.html has a bunch of them, for
one. If you're running a Compaq EISA machine, you're still out of
luck (though a reading of the EISA bios specs indicate that all may
not be lost; apparently modern EISA bioses allow 386-mode access, so
a detailed slot examination can be done when the system is running)
but these patches work on other machines, including the 80522/233
I'm running with 128mb of core.

____
david parsons \bi/ ... and the 80521/150 with 128mb of core, and the
\/ K6's with 128mb of core and the ...