Re: Patch for video CD: porting 2.1->2.0

Erik Andersen (andersee@debian.org)
Sat, 20 Sep 1997 10:29:02 +0000

On Sat, Sep 20, 1997 at 12:51:23PM +0400, Boris Tobotras wrote:

[------------------stuff snipped---------------]

> For playing video CDs, like subject says. Look to http://www.mpegtv.com.
> Their cool CD-i and video CD (or is it the same?) player works nice under linux.
> It reads mpeg stream, which is read from CD tracks by readvcd (pointer is at
> mpegtv's FAQ) which in turn uses CDROMREADRAW ioctl to read it.
> --
> Best regards, -- Boris.

OK, so if I was to leave in CDROMREADRAW, and cut out CDROMREADMODE1,
CDROMREADMODE2, and CDROMREADAUDIO, noone would be worse off, right?
Do we need to have so many ioctls when just one could do?

-Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org