Re: Kernel 2.0.30 pre-X SMP (in)stability report

Agus Budy Wuysang (fswmis@rad.net.id)
Mon, 22 Sep 1997 09:53:02 +0700

Thomas Schenk wrote:

> On 19-Sep-97 Agus Budy Wuysang wrote:
> >Thomas Schenk wrote:
> >>
> >Did you replace your original heatsink(nofan) with generic fanned
> >heatsink?
> >

> Yes. We also sometimes install additional fans in machines and some of
> our non Dell SMP machines have as many as 8 fans in them. (one for each
> CPU, one for each power supply, two in the drive cage, and two venting
> the case) We also keep our server room below 70 degrees.

Ok people, thanks to all who had helped to solve my prob, it seems that
the real problem was overheating... :(

Having replaced the original heatsink, I don't have any more lock up
problem for at least 5 days. (previous uptime always < 2 days)

--
+---| Netscape Navigator 3.x |---| Powered by Linux 2.0.x |---+
|/v\ Agus Budy Wuysang                MIS Department          |