Re: unannounced p10.gz fixes lockups

Simon Karpen (skarpen@scan.shodor.org)
Mon, 22 Sep 1997 08:10:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 21 Sep 1997, Christopher E. Brown wrote:

> Would this complete lockup take the effect of a dead halt, no
> error messages, kb dead (num/caps lock lights won't change)? I have been
> getting complete lockups under pre-9 like this.

Under X the lockup would take that form. In console mode there
would be a ton of SCSI errors (mostly aborted CCB's, which shouldn't
happen considering this is a buslogic card) followed by a 100% freeze.

I can't make p10 lockup at all, so whatever the cause, it's fixed.
(i suspect buffer related)

Simon Karpen skarpen@shodor.org
Sysadmin, Shodor Education Foundation

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], `Pray,
Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right
answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of
confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
-- Charles Babbage