Re: Do dumm.. 2.0.31..

SL Baur (steve@xemacs.org)
23 Sep 1997 05:00:04 -0700

Michael Nelson <nelson@seahunt.imat.com> writes:

> SL Baur <steve@xemacs.org> wrote:
-> interruptible_sleep_on: wrong version or undefined
-> current_set: wrong version or undefined
-> wake_up: wrong version or undefined
-> mem_map: wrong version or undefined
-> register_chrdev: wrong version or undefined
-> your linux-2.0.31

This was after patching a working pre9 tarball.

I also tried the fresh pre9 tarball + p10-2 patch + awedrv install.
Same result.

> My sound module loads ok, but when I try to play any .wav files I get
> "/dev/dsp: out of memory".

That sounds similar to the floppy disk driver problem I reported earlier.

> The same sound config worked fine with the 2.0.31-pre9 version.
> Yes, I am also running the hack during boot that allocates a block
> of memory for sound.

Linus, please don't rush 2.0.31 just because you're going away, we can
wait.

Now somebody, please tell me how I can get my AWE midi back :-( ...