Re: [** PATCH **] scsi_module.c patch against 2.0.31-p10-2

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 13:23:27 +0200 (CEST)

--8323328-1731566159-875100207=:182

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Dan Hollis wrote:

>On Mon, 22 Sep 1997, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>> I just made a new p10 patch ("p10-2.gz" on ftp.kernel.org). I'll be
>> releasing that as 2.0.31 within a day or two (I have to - I'm leaving town
>> for two weeks, so this time you _know_ I can't delay any more). The
>> differences between 2.0.31-9 and p10 are:
>>
>> - more fixes for the aic7xxx scsi driver
>
>Linus, please apply this patch to the scsi module driver. It fixes a
>bug where the scsi module usage count is not decremented if a host
>adapter module cannot initialize (thereby rendering scsi_mod
>un-removeable).

Apply it also to 2.1.56 please :).

Andrea(S) Arcangeli

--8323328-1731566159-875100207=:182
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--8323328-1731566159-875100207=:182--