Re: Kernel 2.0.31pre9 memory leak (or where did all the memory go?)

James Mastros (root@jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org)
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 19:29:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Michael J. Maravillo wrote:
[...]
> No problems so far
> except for the keyboard being really unusable. I get a bunch of
> these when I type anything on the console:
>
> keyboard: unrecognized scancode (6a) - ignored
> keyboard: unknown scancode e0 6a
> keyboard: unrecognized scancode (71) - ignored
>
> I have no idea what causes this. Anybody?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

What keybord do you have? Most importantly, does it have any "extra" keys
(keys that aren't on a normal US 101 key keybord, such as Windows 95 keys,
accent keys, etc.), and is it programable (such as Gateway 2000's keybords)?
If you are using the former and get these messages, it's just because the
kernel dosn't know about those keys; if it's the later, then somebody is
likely interested in trying to reverse-engineer it.

-=- James Mastros

---
"Anybody who thinks that their compiler is smarter than they are
probably disagrees with me."
-=- Linus Torvalds