Re: Solaris 2.6 and Linux

Jeffrey B. Siegal (jbs@quiotix.com)
Sat, 27 Sep 1997 12:02:52 -0700

linux kernel account wrote:

> I'm am SOOOOO sick of people making inapproiate assumptions about the
> meaning of the GPL when it is CLEARLY SPELT OUT in the GPL..

> I SHOCKED to see this kind of ignorance on THIS list.

I assure you that I am quite familiar with the contents of the GPL, having
carefully read and (I believe) understood every word. I have also discussed
the GPL with RMS (its originator and conceptual author) personally several
times, including, I'm quite confident, several times before you had any idea
that the GPL existed. Given that your response clearly did not address the
specific issues raised in my message, and illustrates a real lack of
understanding of what is involved with the manufacture and distribution of
embedded systems ("stick up a damn directory on your FTP site"), I (not so
respectfully) decline to respond further.