Re: v2.1.57: Filesystem Special Effects ....

Ralf Baechle (ralf@cobaltmicro.com)
Sat, 27 Sep 1997 17:33:00 -0700 (PDT)

> On Sat, 27 Sep 1997, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
> >
> > I have some "special effects" here with my linux.
> >
> > Doing a
> > ls -l
> >
> > produces filenames like
> >
> > bz2=01;31mwwwoffle-1.3.tgz
> >
> > "ls -Ql" produces
> >
> > bz2=01;31m"wwwoffle-1.3.tgz"
> >
> > so the garbage has not become part of the filename,
> > filename completion don't recognize the garbage...
> >
> > And: After terminating X, the filenames are correct.
> > Entering X again, produces the special effects again,
> > sometimes with other files.
> >
> > This happens first in 2.1.57, so I _think_,
>
> I'am not seeing this with 2.1.57. Strange.

The garbage looks like terminal control sequences, so I assumes he
uses something like color ls and a inappropriate terminal emulation
or wrong settings. Until further evidence comes up I believe this
is a user error.

Ralf