Re: 2.1.57 /proc problem

Richard Guenther (richard.guenther@student.uni-tuebingen.de)
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 11:43:56 +0200 (MESZ)

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Heinz Mauelshagen wrote:

> In 2.1.57 it seemed to work using proc_register and proc_unregister.
>
> But strange results occured after proc_unregiste (module unload):
>
> "ls -l /proc/e*" doesn't show /proc/egg.
> "ls -l /proc/egg" shows it!
> "cat /proc/egg" segfaults :-(
This is a bug in procfs not deleting the dentry for the file.
It's been there for a long time now... (You can easy cause this
with binfmt_misc, too)
I suppose, this will not be fixed until the VFS has finally moved
to dentries and procfs has got a 'little' overhaul.
BTW I reported this bug twice some time ago...

Richard.