Re: Is pre-patch-2.0.31-10 the same as pre-patch-2.0.31-9 +

Franz Sirl (Franz.Sirl@munich.netsurf.de)
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 12:59:46 +0200

At 13:42 26.09.97 -0400, Bill Hawes wrote:
>Franz Sirl wrote:
>> Aaah!
>> So the following gpm GP might not be hardware related (Asus TP4XE board
>> BIOS 2.02, Logitech PS/2 mouse)?
>> Also if I move the mouse if gpm is not loaded, the keyboard locks up.
>
>Try building the mouse driver into the kernel and see if that fixes the
>problem.
>
>I looked at the psaux code briefly last week, and it looked like there
>might be a race condition with loading the module. (Increments
>MOD_USE_CNT late?)

Compiling PS2 support into the kernel solves the gpm GP and the mouse is
detected.
But still the keyboard locks up if I move the mouse with gpm installed,
without gpm moving the mouse is OK. Re-plugging the keyboard or kbd_mode -a
don't help with the lockup. I assume the BIOS doesn't setup the interrupt
for the mouse correctly (count for IRQ 12 still equals 0 after moving the
mouse), but then still moving the mouse shouldn't lockup the keyboard?

Ciao,
Franz.