Re: linuxhq replacement (was Linux (free s/w support)

Andrew N. Ryan (genanr@thumper2.emsphone.com)
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 09:46:30 -0500

On Thu, Oct 02, 1997 at 11:25:41AM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> Ralf Baechle <ralf@cobaltmicro.com> writes:
>
> > In general it is a Bad Thing that Linux source, binaries, documentation
> > and more are so scattered over the Internet. I strongly suggest to
> > go for one of the domains linux.org or kernel.org.
>
> What's wrong with sunsite.unc.edu ?

It's a big mess, the layout doesn't seem very consistant to me. I've always
wanted to see one site that has as much linux stuff on it as it can handle,
something like what FreeBSD has one site with all the binaries and sources
on it, no need to hunt.

Andy