Re: QNX+2.1.57+SMP=OPPS

linux kernel account (linker@nightshade.z.ml.org)
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 00:16:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 5 Oct 1997, Chris Wedgwood wrote:

> From: linux kernel account <linker@nightshade.z.ml.org>
> To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
> Subject: QNX+2.1.57+SMP=OPPS
>
> I applied QNX-1.14-for-2.1.57 last night and booted today with it. I got
> an instant opps on boot (task swapper).. This reoccures exactly the same
> everytime.. Since it was so earley in boot, I would have had to copy it
> by hand, which I dont have time to do right now.. :)
>
> SMP machine, or just SMP kernel?

Tyan Tomcat - III with 2/ 166MMXes..

> Can you give more details of the oops? (this could be mean copying down the
> values by hand and then doing 'ksymoops ...')

I should have a chance tommorrow evening..

> Btw- I'm compiling with PGCC and -O2 so if this isn't happening for
> anyone else then it might be because of that..
>
> Hmmm... could do. I stop using pgcc a while back because funny things
> occurred, but since then I hear it has gotten much more stable.

It's been real stable for me real recently.. I would find it suprising if
it were PGCC esp since its -O2.. I'll try changing it too.. In about
8months of using PGCC I've never had it do something like that.. But.. You
never know..