Re: Interrupt Latency.

Harald Koenig (koenig@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 13:46:43 +0200

On Oct 07, David Woodhouse wrote:

> Could anyone give me a clue what the normal interrupt latency is under Linux
> 2.0 or 2.1 on a Pentium.
>
> That is, if I put in a driver which responds to an interrupt simply by
> waggling an output bit on the parallel port or something similar, what kind of
> time delay will I see if I put a scope on it?

I've tested this long time ago with Linux-1.0...1.3 with my 486DX2/66.
there I got ~11-12 usec interrupt latency (I just read the timer latch
in the clock timer ISR, then you exactly know how many usec it took
from timer countdown to get into the ISR...)

Harald

--
All SCSI disks will from now on                     ___       _____
be required to send an email notice                0--,|    /OOOOOOO\