Re: suidpid( UID, credential? ) ? secure IPC?

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Tue, 07 Oct 1997 16:24:32 +0000

Jim Dennis writes:
> The more I think about it the more I see why KeyKOS, EROS,
> Hydra and other "research" OS' espouse "capabilities."
> I just wonder how a "capabilities" subsystem could be
> implemented in Linux -- with some hope of applications
> transparency.

So why not join the linux-privs list that has been announced several
times on this list? (Ted started the list; he's not unaware of
capabilities... :-) They are working on an implementation of POSIX.1e
capabilities for Linux.

See
http://parc.power.net/morgan/Orange-Linux/linux-privs/sampler/index.html
for more information.

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz