Re: Communicator crash; kill -9 won't remove (pre-10!)

Rob Hagopian (hagopiar@vuser.vu.union.edu)
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 17:19:03 -0400 (EDT)

>From the user, apparently this happens in the composer "part" of
communicator. I'm using 4.03 (professional edition) on a RH4.2 system:
libc.so.5.3.12
libm.so.5.0.6
ld.so.1.7.14

Also, someone mentioned to me in private mail about the zombie. Yes, there
is a zombie, but it is a child of the parent communicator which won't die
with a kill -9:
[root@vuser ~]$ pstree -p | head -2
init(1)-+-amd(374)
|-communicator(1629)---communicator(1630)
[root@vuser ~]$ kill -9 1629
[root@vuser ~]$ pstree -p | head -2
init(1)-+-amd(374)
|-communicator(1629)---communicator(1630)
[root@vuser ~]$

The only thing that I could see happening is that 1629 is stuck in the
kernel somewhere, no?
-Rob H.