Re: TX Motherboard patch

Andrew Kieschnick (andrewk@mail.utexas.edu)
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 03:31:01 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 12 Oct 1997 Ronald.Wahl@Informatik.TU-Chemnitz.DE wrote:

> > > I had also problems - PCI related. Some (all? I dont remember...) PCI
> > > devices were unknown to linux-2.0.30. There are no problems anymore
> > > after upgrading to 2.0.31-pre9.
> >
> > The unknown PCI devices are merely a cosmetic problem.
>
> One of the devices was an network card and these was not initialized. This
> card works very well in non-TX borads. After upgrading to 2.0.31-pre9 it
> works. So I think it is not a cosmetic problem.

The only difference between an unknown pci device and a known one is a
#define in pci.h and a line in pci.c containing the name to be displayed
in /proc/pci. I seriously doubt whatever problem you had was from unknown
pci devices, and I stick by my statement that the unknown pci device
messages are only a cosmetic problem.

Andrew