Fix for IRQ probe fail on Lance Ethernet (fwd)

William Earnest (wde@fast.net)
Sun, 26 Oct 1997 21:16:52 -0500 (EST)

Apologies if this is a duplicate, but it didn't come back on the
kernel maillist, and I can't tell if it was lost, or it got thru while
the list had lost me along with many others.

Bill Earnest wde@fast.net Linux Powered

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 18:58:18 -0400 (EDT)
From: William Earnest <wde@fast.net>
To: Kernel Maillist <linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu>
Cc: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com>
Subject: Fix for IRQ probe fail on Lance Ethernet

Hello,
It appears the Lance card is a bit slow to trigger the interrupt
when tickled, so the following patch restores the needed delay that was
lost in the 2.1.59 cleanup. The delay used by several drivers was still
being passed, but ignored, so this looked to be the best place for it.

*** auto_irq.c.old Thu Oct 23 18:46:34 1997
--- auto_irq.c Thu Oct 23 18:37:51 1997

int autoirq_report(int waittime)
{
+ unsigned long delay;
+ for (delay = jiffies + waittime; delay > jiffies; ) ;
return probe_irq_off(irqs);
}

Bill Earnest wde@fast.net Linux Powered