Re: to whom it may concern (about dcache)

Tsurng-Chen Chern (maxchern@earthlink.net)
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 11:59:36 -0800 (PST)

Yes, indeed, check linux/fs/dcache.c, you can simply get
rid of these message by setting the flag off.

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Adam D. Bradley wrote:

> > I'm getting alot of "d_alloc: 6361 unused, pruning dcache"
>
> Someone said the other day that these are just debug/informational
> messages, and they indicate things are working correctly.
>
> Adam
> --
> Things look so bad everywhere Adam D. Bradley artdodge@cs.bu.edu
> In this whole world what is fair Boston University Computer Science
> We walk blind and we try to see Ph.D. student and Linux hacker
> Falling behind in what could be ----> Bring me a Higher Love ----> <><

Max Chern, Unix Software Engineer | Voice: 818-296-5014
EarthLink Network, Inc. | Fax: 818-296-5113
maxchern@earthlink.net | 3100 New York Dr., Ste 201
http://www.earthlink.net/ | Pasadena, CA 91107