Re: [patch] 2.1.60: quotas and sound (and nvram)

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 08:17:44 -0500

Janos Farkas wrote:
> Oh, and about the reluctancy on including the quota fixes into the
> mainstream kernel, is this because Linus doesn't use quota or is quota
> broken anyways? I remember some weeks ago someone posted that there
> are a few problems with the quota code, I imagine that's a more
> possible reason to force others into looking at that code.. :)

Quota was broken for a while by some changes in the inode code, and
Linus wanted some changes made to the way quota is released. The current
inode code should have (accidentally) restored quota to operation, but
it's still in need of an overhaul by someone who understands (and uses)
it.

Regards,
Bill