Re: Ugh in 2.1.60

linux kernel account (linker@nightshade.z.ml.org)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 19:25:06 -0500 (EST)

I think that, either a SMP kernel should work okay on non-smp, or it
shouldn't work at all.. Most people would prefer a 'Use the right kernel
bonehead' message to strange problems.. So there should either be a
commitment to make SMP kernels work on UP systems, or it should just halt
nicely at boot (or maby pause boot and tell you that you are bad)..