Re: NCPfs still buggy (and crashes netware server)

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 09:28:56 -0500

Tore Olsen wrote:
> I wasn't aware of the meaning of the message, I just took it as an
> error message. I installed your patch this summer, and it seemed ok,
> but now we're having some heavy traffic on the webserver, and the
> netware server is crashing every now and then. Unmounting the web
> ncpfs after some days uptime is guaranteed to crash the Novell server.

Please check with Troels Arvin -- I think you may need an updated patch
for your Novell server. If you can identify a bug on the Linux side,
we'll get it fixed.

I don't work for Novell and so can't help with that side. (But if I
did, their server wouldn't crash :-) :-))

Regards,
Bill