Re: Console freeze (third episode)

=?ISO-8859-1?Q? (pommnitz@darmstadt.gmd.de)
Sun, 02 Nov 1997 17:53:16 +0100

If the X mouse cursor is alive, so is the kernel
(after all, it has to process interrupts from the serial
or mouse interface, wake up the X process, ...).
As I understand it, Mathieus problem is very
different. It seems only interrupt processing works (he
can switch consoles). In this case the usual debug key
combinations (ALT, CTRL and SHIFT-Scroll) are the way to
get some information from the kernel. This is what Bill
was asking for. These key combinations work in every kernel
(from Linux day one, they are modelled after some Minix hot
keys, that did similar things).

Regards
Joerg