Re: Hisax ISDN driver for teles3 cards

Andi Kleen (ak@muc.de)
03 Nov 1997 08:02:58 +0100

Martin von Loewis <martin@mira.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> > In case it's not been mentioned recently, there's a problem with the
> > Hisax ISDN driver for teles3 cards (not sure about others) in 2.1.60
> > and 2.1.61. After applying the "hisax-60" patch to take care of the
> > irq2dev[] to *dev_id changes, the card still does not respond or
> > initialise properly.
> >
> > On bootup, I still get "Spurious interrupt!" warnings (one or two,
> > it varies) while the card is initialised. It seems to be that when
> > the initialisation routine is called the first time, or the first
> > two times, the *dev_id pointer is null.
>
> I can't help, but I can confirm your report. I hope that the current
> i4l snapshots get integrated into the kernel before the code freeze.
> Until then, I stay with 2.1.59 for online activities.

I hand patched HiSax and isdn4linux for 2.1.61-VGER: basically I only did
the simple irq2dev_map changes and changed the isdn_read/isdn_write functions
to the new prototype. The resulting kernel works fine with HiSax and syncppp.

I can supply patches if anyone is interested (they should be included in the
next VGER snapshot too)

-Andi