Re: Linux + Win95 simultaneously

Chris Pirih (proverbs@wolfenet.com)
Mon, 03 Nov 1997 18:14:00 -0800

At 05:42 PM 11/03/97 -0500, Robert G. Brown wrote:
>Seriously, I would find it very convenient to be able to hot key into
>and out of a linux/Win95 environment. ....

Sorry if I'm being dense here, but I just don't understand
why it's so hard to buy another computer to run Win95. Do
you just object to spending any money, no matter how small
the amount? Win95-capable PC's are dirt cheap now, and
you could even use a switch box to share the monitor with
your Linux PC. Get two PCI 100Mbit ethernet adapters and
a crossover cable (about $120 total), and you can even
share all the HDDs, CDROMs, printers, etc, using Samba.

I have five PCs in my house: three running Linux, one NT
and one Win95. It's certainly easier (and probably cheaper,
all things considered) than trying to keep five different
configurations running on one machine.

If you have multiple users, then multiple PCs make even
more sense!

---
chris