Re: Linux + Win95 simultaneously

John Looney (johnl@horizon.ie)
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 10:06:46 +0000

Ar Mon, Nov 03, 1997 at 11:12:21PM -0800, scriofa Tsurng-Chen Chern:
> On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Byron Davies wrote:
>
> > Yes, there is a lot of work to making such a system work, but if you know
> > of a technical reason that makes it impossible, please tell me.
> I do know a show stopper. Whenever you get something like this
> working, MicroSoft will change their spec on WinXX so much that
> you are not gonna be use it.

They did. First, Win16, then Win32, then the MFCs. Imagine trying to
emulate all of those. And, of course, Microsoft application building
software makes heavy use of the MFCs. And just when Wine was getting off
the ground with Win32 emulation.

Kate

--
 "I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star.
    We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

John "Kate" Looney, Horizon Open Systems. Sun Microsystems distributor and Support center. Hotline: [+353 1 8055700] Web http://www.hos.horizon.ie/