Re: SMBFS & 2.1.62 (patch attached)

Steve Clark (seclark@ix.netcom.com)
Thu, 06 Nov 1997 15:25:33 -0500

Bill,

I removed my patch mapping ERRDOS 50 to errno 0 and applied your patch. Voila! it fixed the problem I had been experiencing.
I did not get any syslog messages though, I was a little confused about your comment about printing the fileid.

There is another problem that I discovered it has to do with have the READ-ONLY attribute set on the Win95 or WFW3.11 file.
On my linux system ls shows rwxrwxrwx for permissions. But if I try to update the file I get an errno-13 file access error.
Is it possible for the ls command to show the file as read-only?

Thanks for all your help,
Steve