Re: Pentium DEATH and Cyrix COMA in user-mode

Mike Jagdis (mike@roan.co.uk)
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 12:35:42 +0000 (GMT/BST)

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Andrew Kieschnick wrote:

> I still say that they're also significantly different in that the pentium
> is executing what should be an invalid instruction, and the cyrix is
> executing valid instructions stupidly.

Huh? You ask it to saturate the bus with locked cycles and it does.
Now perhaps it should silently correct your error but I'm not
convinced it is stupid. Lacking foresight perhaps...

Mike

|  Mike Jagdis                  |  Internet:  mailto:mike@roan.co.uk   |
|  Roan Technology Ltd.         |                                      |
|  54A Peach Street, Wokingham  |  Telephone:  +44 118 989 0403        |
|  RG40 1XG, ENGLAND            |  Fax:        +44 118 989 1195        |