Re: MOD_INC_USE_COUNT

John G. Alvord (jalvo@cloud9.net)
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 10:41:27 GMT

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997 22:18:45 +0100, Pavel Machek <pavel@Elf.mj.gts.cz>
wrote:
>There's a bigger error. Imagine me redesigning some code. Aha - but
>how can I know if someone depends on this code not blocking?

>It may be nice idea to add /* Must not block */ comment to every
>function that may not block... Anyone who has more knowledge than me
>volunteering?

For a debug/test environment, a routine which might block could
increment a blocking count via a global function. Then a routine being
studied could check that "potential blocking count" via another global
function during execution and display warning messages if it changed
unexpectedly.

john alvord jalvo@cloud9.net