Re: DEC PWS433a and 2.1.61VGER don't match...

Richard Henderson (rth@dot.cygnus.com)
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 12:46:26 -0800

On Tue, Nov 11, 1997 at 10:17:45PM +0200, Matti Aarnio wrote:
> Bug in Alpha targetted gcc 2.7.2.3 ? What else would be new ?

Nothing at all, sadly.

> Most of what appears in the source with (vuip) cast are macroes,
> and it may well be that a macro-expansion surprise has bitten
> in here... Hmm.. No, can't say it definitely, but most of
> include/asm-alpha/pyxis.h defined values are within parens.

Indeed, I thought I'd made sure of that when I made the change. I
don't suppose you could save me a bit of trouble and send me the
preprocessed pyxis.c files for the working and non-working kernel?
I'd like to see what difference is made in the assembly.

> (I have no idea, why same source on intel box did
> not need special tricks for producing working ipv6 module.)

The intel ipv6 csum magic routine is inline, isn't it?

r~